Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Blog 8 - Nice Day for a shoot

Went out yesterday and got some raw footage to piece together. I think this will work pretty well because the footage turned out really well. I didn't have any issue with the equipment and all of my locations proved to have a great deal of interesting subjects.

I found that I want to shoot on two or more days with very different weather to try an get a true sense of the beach as not only a place but an entire environment as all as an ecosystem in and of itself. Under these different circumstances, the beach comes alive with a different sort of personality. At times it may come across that the beach is one of the more emotive pieces of environment that we inhabit. When it rains, it feels sad.  This works well with the style that I am trying to convey because one of the important themes of the doc is the nature of people and of how they respond and react to the environment and how the environment itself acts. I’m eager to see just how this process works in piecing together a very loose narrative and if I will use it at all. This is really an experiment and I don’t know exactly what I’m going to do once it is all finished.


Once I have the footage from both shoots together, I’m going to piece them together how I see fit and what comes of that I will show in class to get some feedback on how everything fits together and all. I have a hunch that after I get feedback I will have to go back to the drawing board to fit everything in a more compact scope. Also, I will have to make some music for the film which is a potential challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment