Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Blog 15 - Finished Product and Reflection

https://vimeo.com/145249305

Well at the end of the class, I must say that I really enjoyed this class. I had no idea about documentaries except for a very limited amount of examples before this class and my attitude about the whole thing has changed drastically.  I’ve always been interested in making documentaries and this has solidified my love for them. My goal now is to find more projects that I can undertake in the coming months. Once I get back to America, one of my goals is going to be making more films and posting them online as a sort of hobby but also a reel that I can use for resume’s and what not.

I think this class has really helped me build my skills and given me new ideas of what documentaries are and what constitutes a documentary film. I’ve learned that the distinction is very broad and that a great many things can be considered documentaries. With my film I wanted to show life in a single afternoon, a single moment in time like preserving a moment in a frame. With my film I hope I have conveyed how I feel about the beach and how I see it when I’m there.


Overall I’m really happy with this class and I think Pete did a great job showing us all kinds of different films so that we could go out and make the film that we wanted to make. It’s a strange job but making these films is always interesting and doing them is something that I have great passion for. I hope you all like the film I’ve made and that maybe it shows you something interesting. It’s been a great time working with this class and I am really excited to see what the future has in store for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment