Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Blog 9 - Edits

Editing everything together is one of my favorite processes when it comes to video production and I am going to have a lot of fun with this one before I get feedback. I’m going throw an experimental style out there first and see how it sticks with the class when I get feedback. The idea is to merge two separate days of filming together to show an extreme contrast between the nice weather of one day and the cloudy stormy day that follows.

Footage on the second day was tricky. The weather was very stormy so I didn’t want to be out there too long. That being said I think it really turned out ok and now I edited it so that the “bad day” only takes up very short segments. The idea is to have them so short that they are surprising to the audience and they don’t see this coming. The idea is based on my preference for wanting the viewers’ attention and trying to show something that the person watching will find interesting. I think this will work but I have never attempted to make anything like this before and so there may be issues that I don’t see.

Before I go to feedback, I have made a song on my computer that I think will work pretty well with the film so I am going to put it in to accompany the visuals while I show it in class. It’s not completely finished but I think it will work for the purposes of what I need it for. I will see how the song goes after I show it to the class and make changes accordingly.

So far everything is going along nicely. I have all the footage I need, I think, so going forward is all in editing and voice over, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment