Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Blog 12 - Music Part One

This week, I am focusing on one of the songs for the film, specifically the first song, which I think I will be going for a more electronic, “ocean deep” feel to it. I drew inspiration from the original song for this one while making it have a little bit more of an eerie feel to it that I think will sound really good in contrast to the sounds of the ocean which I have decided to leave into the final cut. I originally had left this out in lieu of the music, but my friend suggested I keep it in as the sound is iconic. This song has a slow tempo and the lead instrument is somewhat similar to crystal glass reverberations. I matched it up with the original cut and I think it sounds pretty great.

My idea going into this was to make a song that contrasts slightly with the nature of the video. While both are relatively quiet scenes, the music has a touch of uneasiness to it that I hope will play well with the voice over that has yet to be recorded. My goal is to have something that the audience takes an interest in and is not just something that sits totally in the background but also doesn’t distract from the content of the film. That balance is certainly tricky but I think I have found something that fits the criteria

Next week I will be working on something a little bit different and I hope that will serve to bring the film to its close in a neat and nice wrap up. After that song, I just have to record the voice over which I have partially written and then I will have my finished product. So far, so good with this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment