Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Blog 11 - New Edits

After looking over everything, I think a lot of the base footage for the original cut was really solid. I think the pacing of it all is just a little rough and a lot of that went with the music being long and repetitive. I have started work on new music but this week I’m just working on getting those edits to really work for me. A lot of this really goes on feel because m any of these shots are really long but have a lot of moving elements. It really all depends on how long the shot needs to be to convey what it needs to. I honestly think I did a pretty good job of this on the first run but going back there were a few minor tweaks that had to be done, just to give a better look of it all.

I included a few extra shots to give a closer look at the water, which was somewhat limited before and also changed around the length of certain shots to make room for what I felt, were more interesting shots. This ultimately gives me a really good looking cut with the footage I have and now all that remains is getting that extra stuff to fit into place.

Next week I will be working on more music to put in and hopefully that will really match the tone of the film even better. The first song was made for something else and proved to be over-long but this time I’m going to make music that fits the mold a little better. Notably, I’ll be making two songs rather than one. After that it will be time to work on the voice-over work and then the final touches. Overall it’s going pretty well as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment