Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Blog 13 - Music Part Two

After last week’s song, I wanted to make something that was a little bit more comfortable for the audience so I decided to go with an acoustic guitar track with a soft arpeggio chord progression that will hopefully be put at the end of the film or somewhere around there. The sound is very peaceful and will mesh nicely with the serene imagery of the late afternoon sun from the day I shot. The chord progression is standard with some alteration to the major chords but I think it comes off really well with the film.

My idea behind this was to have a nice scene with this playing around the end of the video after the voiceover so that the scenery and the music can be observed in full here. This will be more of the wrapping up point for the film. I hope it will leave an impression on the audience in general. My thoughts are to have it end right before the last long shot of the girl and the dog, which I have placed at the end of the film as the final moments. I think it would be good to have this end so that the total focus of the audience will be on this scene.


One of the problems I had with this one was finding an acoustic guitar. I didn’t pack mine with me so I had to borrow one from one of the people living in my dorm. It was a trick but it really paid off because the song works pretty well with the visuals. Next week I’ll be focusing on the voiceover and what to put in to make it all tie together. Hopefully with a good voice over, the context of all of this will come into focus and the film will look and sound great.

No comments:

Post a Comment