Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Blog 10 - After Feedback

Showed what I had in class today and got about the response I imagined. I think my original cut runs a little slow with the repetitive music and I think the interspersed cuts of the stormy day were not totally within my vision. That being said, showing it in front of others showed me things about the film that I needed to see. I think getting caught in the editing room all day makes for a somewhat sterile product and showing it can really help to breathe life into it.

Pete had the suggestion to go for a more rhythmic style documentary but I’m not sure that really fits the idea of it all, he also mentioned that the long lurid shots were effective but that the effect was cut a bit short with other shots. Looking at it, I totally agree. I’m going to cut the short shots out of it and hopefully that will help the audience really fall into the frame of the film. The goal is to paint landscapes with video after all. I think my film can be effective in this regard but I will have to make it more interesting to watch.

Fixing the music will be a big part of this an I have some ideas, splitting the video into two songs that are shorter but have similar feelings to them will be effective. I think music is one of the more important characters in this film. Also I think putting a voice over in will help make the point of the film a bit more obvious. I don’t want the film to be over but having the audience know what I’m talking about is important. Writing the voice over will take a bit of consideration but it will probably be one of the last things I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment